Your dental practitioner can control the spread of coronavirus by ensuring proper health care standards are maintained. The global dental association has set various regulations to ensure safety during your dental appointments. Strict rules have been issued to dentists to curb the spread of the virus.
The proper practice of appropriate utilization of protective gadgets before your treatment will guarantee safety. In response to the novel situation, your dental set-up needs to prioritize emergencies. Your dental hygienist should adhere to the laid out regulations and restrictions by the dentistry associations globally. It will ensure the safety of both you and your dentist.
Dental Emergencies That You Should Address
The unprecedented global pandemic has shut down regular visits to the dentist near you. Your oral health is a priority, and despite challenges, your dental care specialist will continue to serve you and ensure you are protected from the SARS-CoV-2. You should not neglect dental issues that require immediate treatment, and they include:
- Infections that result in facial swelling leading to pain on your neck or dental tissues require prompt and adequate treatment. Uncontrolled bleeding that doesn’t stop for over ten minutes after applying pressure with gauze indicates a severe condition
- Mouth trauma that causes teeth fracture or pain on your jaw bone needs to be treated urgently
- If your tissues grow abnormally or have symptoms of an infection, ensure you seek immediate consultation.
- Periodontal infections may lead to further complications.
The novel COVID-19 pandemic has transformed your routine dental visits. The recommendations made by the dentistry regulatory bodies have postponed non-emergency visits to dentists, to curb the spread of the disease. However, our Dentist in Sugar Land, TX, has ensured that all the regulations laid by the dental bodies globally are fully implemented. You can seek treatment if your condition requires urgency.
What Your Dentist Needs to Observe for safety
Based on the prevalent spread of COVID-19, your dentist needs to uphold the use of personal protective equipment. Priority should be given to emergency treatment, and teledentistry can be used for non-emergency appointments.
The virus can spread through aerosol procedures, and your dentist should avoid them during your treatment. Dental associations globally have curbed the use of dental drills that produce aerosols for your safety. Below are some precautionary measures your dentistry should embrace during emergency treatment:
- Your dental hygienist should maintain hand hygiene by using alcohol-based sanitizers and putting on gloves. It’s aimed at lowering contact between you and the sterilized equipment.
- A comprehensive attire of personal protective tools is vital in the emergency room. It includes the use of gloves, 3-ply surgical masks, disposable gowns, and face shields. The PPEs cover your dentist from getting infected by the SARs-CoV-2 virus, since its spread via the mucosal membrane.
- Before your procedure, you need to observe that all disposable and reusable tools are sterilized with the recommended solutions.
- Disposable barriers can be used to cover areas that are not easy to clean after your procedure.
- Before and after your consultation, the surgery room needs to be decontaminated. All surfaces should be cleaned using sterilizers.
Control measures need to be strictly observed to avoid the risk of spread. You need to sanitize before and after your dental procedure. It would be necessary if you avoid close contact with your dentist and utilize home-based therapy. In case the dental issue is an emergency, you can make an appointment.
Handling urgent Dental Care in Sugar land, TX
At Colony dental, we offer various emergency procedures to alleviate pain and preserve your dental tissues. Pain or bleeding from your oral tissues would indicate severe underlying issues, and we evaluate you before finding the right treatment. In case you have a toothache, we perform cleaning to remove plaque, as we identify the root cause of your pain.
It will help if you don’t neglect the pain or any symptoms on your tissues that show abnormality. Emergency Dentist in Sugar Land, TX, diagnose you, and analysis the signs of your condition to facilitate quality treatment. Our experienced practitioners are dedicated to providing you with high-quality care using preferred procedures. Please make an appointment with our dentistry, to find the proper treatment for your oral health issues today!