Role of Cosmetic Dentistry in Sugar Land Texas
The world of beauty is improving in popularity. Everyone is quickly becoming engulfed by their beauty. The need to look good to feel good is knocking at everyone’s door. While there is a lot you can do to improve how you look, your teeth cannot be forgotten. People notice your smile as the first thing when you talk to them. It is why cosmetic dentistry is now very popular in this era.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
It is a specialty of dentistry that is concerned with improving the appearance of teeth. The dental care services offered in this specialty major in making teeth look and feel good. The cosmetic dentists in Sugar Land address the color, shape, size, and feel of teeth. A lot goes into cosmetic dentistry.
What is The Role of Cosmetic Dentistry?
Patients looking for cosmetic dentists in Sugar Land TX are looking to feel better about their smile. These dentists have specialized in different aspects of the mouth that make teeth look better. The primary role of cosmetic dentistry services includes the following:
- Reshaping teeth
- Whitening teeth
- Realigning teeth
- Boosting the confidence of patients
Over and above this arm of dentistry also caters to the health needs of a patient. For example, if your gums are infected, it is not possible to enjoy a beautiful smile. This is the reason why cosmetic dentists work with other kinds of dentist to achieve the best in your smile. Do not be surprised, therefore, when your dentist refers you for an orthodontic treatment to improve the crowding in your teeth before any cosmetic procedure.
Which Treatments Are Offered in Cosmetic Dentistry?
There are different aspects to making your smile look good. It goes beyond working in the teeth. Some of the treatments performed in cosmetic dental care include:
- Teeth whitening– to get rid of discoloration and stains in your teeth.
- Dental bonding – these procedures are performed to attach an oral appliance to your teeth. The appliances can be dental crowns or even veneers. Dental bonding can be used to repair different damages in teeth. This includes fixing cracks and chips on teeth.
- Dental Veneers– to cover up different flaws in your teeth. The veneers can be used to improve the color, shape and even size of your teeth. If you have unusually short teeth, they can be elongated with dental veneers.
- Tooth replacement – dental bridges are the cosmetic alternative to replacing missing teeth.
- Gum surgery – to add or reduce the gum tissue for a beautiful smile.
With the above treatments, some of the oral issues that can be corrected in cosmetic dentistry include:
- Discolored teeth – composites, veneers and teeth whitening procedures can all be used to achieve this purpose.
- Spaces between teeth – when the spaces are not because of losing a tooth, usually, orthodontics is the treatment of choice. However, a cosmetic alternative involves using dental veneers to cover the spaces.
- Crooked teeth – again, instead of orthodontics, a cosmetic dentist can use dental veneers to cover the crookedness of your teeth.
- Overlapping teeth – this is yet another orthodontic challenge. Instead of the long process of orthodontic treatment, your cosmetic dentistry can use composites or dental veneers to cover the teeth.
- Decayed teeth – instead of amalgams or gold fillings there is a cosmetic alternative to decayed teeth. Your teeth can be filled with porcelain fillings or oral composites. These are tooth-colored, which is why they are a cosmetic alternative.
- Misshaped teeth – the shape of your teeth contributes significantly to the aesthetics thereof. When you have very pointed teeth, very long teeth, or teeth that are too short, they can be modified cosmetically. Mostly, dental veneers will be used, along with enamel recontouring efforts to reshape the teeth.
- Gummy smile – gum reduction is useful for dealing with a gummy smile.
- Receded gums – these can make your teeth look bigger than they are. In that case, gum grafting surgery can be used to replace the lost gum tissue.
Who Needs Cosmetic Dentistry?
Dental care for aesthetic modifications can be performed on anyone. However, it is mostly adults who require these services. If teenagers would want the procedures, they would require consent from their parents. However, since some cosmetic procedures are not purely embedded in making teeth look good, people of all ages can benefit.